Friday 9 May 2014

Poster child...or just posters

So while touching up the last few of my backgrounds, meaning a few more shots are completely finished ready for After Effects (my old nemesis!), I created some posters for Audrey's bedroom.

These are incredibly important as they are the primary focus in the establishing shot. I created a set which can be easily transferred for consistency across different shots, which is a huge time-saver as these are rather detailed compared to the basic colouring of the backgrounds.

The whole film is a homage to the horror genre, especially the classic monster movies, which are a favorite of mine, so I had a whale of a time creating these parodies of classics, both in title and the monsters themselves.

The signatures aren't included in the final film obviously!


The hand-written text irks me, and I wish I had time to go back and neaten it; but I can take comfort in the fact that most of the time it will be too small to see and the main focus is on the images.

I don't know about you, but I would totally watch "Kids of the Yeast,"if it was the "children of the corn"/"village of the damned" crossover I made it appear to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment